Friday, May 15, 2009

23. Result oriented product management

How do I, as a product manager, know if I am on right track?

I have devised a set of very high level questions, which I ask myself to ensure I am on track.

Is "product marketing and sales" delivering the solution to customers on time?
Is "product development" working on schedule, or are the requirements getting changed too often even during late phases of development?
Is "customer" willing to consume and pay the right price for the solution? Is my solution helping my "customer" excel in his/her business?
Is my solution easy to use for the skill level of "users"?
Can "customer support" responding to customer's suggestion and queries in expected time?
Are "investors" getting appropriate and required visibility into product progress and health?

To ensure a good indicators for above metrics, there are couple of useful questions to ask:

What are the techniques to gather and understand customer demands?
What are methods to ensure correct prioritization/stacking of requirements for accepted requirements?
What are the tools used to provide required and appropriate visibility into product health to various stakeholders?
What are the techniques to maintain productive and regular interaction with stakeholders, product teams, and customers?

No comments: